There are a number of common side effects of immunization. Some of these side effects occur in only one in one hundred recipients, while others occur in up to half of the recipients. Fortunately, not all of the side effects on the list occur with each vaccine; some only occur with a few immunization. Even better, all of these side effects are mild and transient and are usually gone within two to three days.
Common Vaccine Side Effects :
- Soreness, redness, and swelling at the injection site
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain
- Body aches
- Runny nose, nasal congestion, wheezing (from the intranasal influenza vaccine)
- There may be local swelling and the area may become a bit red. Sometimes a small hard lump may occur, and probably last for some weeks, but it is not a problem to be concerned for.
- Head cold
- Puffy eyes
- These are minor reactions, so there is nothing to be too concerned about.